Re: Problem with CPC-HYP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BillS on March 25, 2014 at 10:16:53:

In Reply to: Re: Problem with CPC-HYP posted by tom on March 23, 2014 at 09:06:28:

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the Gleason recommendations based on ratio. Does this come from "Gleason ... Hypoid Gear Blanks" Revision 1971?

My problem is that someone was given samples where one ratio is 1.7 and another set ratio is 1.9. Both cases result in pinion OD much larger than gear OD according to the 1971 formula calculations.

Since this is a dimension issue, I would really like to see how the dimension formulas have been improved for sets under 2 ratio.

The someone assures me that these sample sets are generated on Gleason machine(s). I have read that for these special out-of-range sets, Gleason should be contacted.

I just wonder what folks do to resolve these sets into dimensions; if a way has been found to extend the ratio range for dimension calculations.

It seems that machine settings are not particularly impacted based on (other's) shop results, but I've got to have an open mind there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]