Re: Test on obsolete forum at obsolete IP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BillS on January 30, 2015 at 10:54:19:

In Reply to: Test on obsolete forum at obsolete IP posted by BillS on January 30, 2015 at 10:37:27:

My apologies to everyone for stubbornly assuming that browsers were at fault.

Fellow visitor AKA "Tom" was patient enough to send me screen shots and conflicting IP numbers that made me realize that the web host name servers had changed IP numbers and didn't let me know!

I had contacted their support a week ago, and asked what they thought might cause the behavior we were seeing, and the reply was "that's some pretty old forum software". Yep, have to agree with their expert opinion, but I never thought that was the problem.

So now they agree (IP numbers don't lie!)and they will be updating me on the IP numbers that should be used. I'll update the domain name host with correct nameservers as soon as possible, but it can take 48 hrs to propagate through system.

Apologies don't count for much when folks are frustrated. Tom poked me with a sharp stick and that, coupled with his generous help seems to have worked, at least to find the smoking gun. We all owe Tom our thanks!

My web host has always been very good to fix and explain, so I'm not going to hold their singular response of "old software" against them.

Hey, web hosting - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em - right?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]