Posted by MG on August 28, 2009 at 01:02:31:
In Reply to: Surface damage on hard cut gears posted by Ivan Doretzkiy on August 27, 2009 at 13:59:50:
Ivan, that is an interesting question that you have raised. I'm going to ask some obvious questions just to get more background information:
- do you manufacture or buy these hard cut gears?
- is the damage primarily on the gear or the pinion?
- if it is the gear, what is the construction of the gear - a ring gear type or a more solid construction?
- do you do your own heat treatment or sub contract it?
- do you use a quench press for the gears?
I have a few other points - email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Followup