Posted by Michael Ignat on February 02, 2001 at 21:11:08:
In Reply to: pinion gear posted by sam on February 02, 2001 at 17:29:41:
You are close to 4.25DP or 6mm module or 0.750"CP.
The pinion is oversize in tooth thickness and the gear is undersize. I could give you (at no cost) enough information to replace the pinion and/or the gear if you can provide the following:
1) the centre distance in the housing (within +/-0.002")
2) OD for pinion and gear (+/- 0.002"); note odd number of teeth in the gear, measure from the bore
3) root dia of pinion and gear (+/-0.005")
4) dimension (within 0.0002") over 2 (equal) pins for pinion and gear, 3 values for each, using different pin sizes, so that the contact between the pin and the tooth should be approx. 30%,50% and 70% of the whole depth of the tooth
5) span dimension (within 0.0002") for pinion and gear over a convenient number of teeth, so that the contact of the micrometer flanges with the tooth should be as close as possible to the middle of the working depth (most likely 3 teeth for the pinion and 7 teeth for the gear)
If the teeth have areas without wear, try to measure in those areas.
Post a Followup