Re: The largest bevel gear

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BillS on June 23, 2008 at 12:42:26:

In Reply to: The largest bevel gear posted by Stepan on June 10, 2008 at 15:32:08:

Hey all,
It would be cool to show off some large gears - There is an article from David Brown:

http://meshingwithgears.com/article3.html

That describes a big girth gear, but that's a spur gear.

As Frank said, there is probably not a record book for such things (I couldn't find it in Guinness World records!).

so email me your largest bevel gear (Spur or Spiral) and send a picture. Heck, let me know if you've done a bigger spur/ helical gear than the one in the article. I can see categories here - Domestic US manufacture and International manufacture.

I don't know what kind of response this might get, but I'd like to do a page about "largest domestic and international" gears ever made.

I'm sure it would be accepted by Guinness as well; just check their website. Records start with the first verifiable entry, then are challenged by others. I on the other hand, will keep building the list on the web page I plan, so you won't be removed as submissions get larger and larger. If you have a PR dept. this is the kind of thing they look for.

I don't have everything figured out here, so post your suggestions how you think the "Meshing with Big Gears" page should work.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]