Re: Comparative study of Spiral Bevel manufacturing processes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BillS on February 26, 2008 at 16:25:46:

In Reply to: Comparative study of Spiral Bevel manufacturing processes posted by P.K. BANERJEE on February 26, 2008 at 12:40:23:

I too would like to gather information on Klingelnberg and Oerlikon as far as generating summaries are concerned.

I've been told that "
...the old (50 year old) K and O machines are rapidly being replaced. Their methods are simple to calculate, but an understanding of the machines is crucial to successfully setting up...."
I think this would be true of older Gleason's as well.

Of course, 300-500 calculations for a Gleason summary may also be considered "simple" to some. There are still many decisions involved in making a good summary as well as expertise at the machine.

Also, I was told that in Europe the cost of summaries for the new (read expensive) equipment is reasonable considering it was to include follow-on support. Does anyone have first-hand experience about getting Gleason summaries? And how the Phoenix system works? Most job shops have a hard time passing along the cost of new tech.

Again, I have no first hand knowledge of these comparisons, but I'm hoping to get others to comment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]