Posted by Frank on December 04, 2007 at 04:54:40:
In Reply to: Re: TTE in spur gears posted by Raman on November 26, 2007 at 06:21:00:
can you please define 20 microns in decimals of an inch? For example I define .001" as one thousands of an inch and .0001" as one ten thousands of an inch.
I can only assume that you are speaking of .020" which I define as 20 thousands of an inch.
3 module is 8.4666 diametral pitch. Are you sure the setup is good when you cut the gears?
Give me some information on the part and setup please.
1) material being cut.
2) manufacturer of the cutting tool.
3) material of the cutting tool.
4) number of teeth being cut in the gear.
5) bore size of the gear (exact size)
6) Diameter of the arbor being used.(exact size)
7) Actual runout in the hobbing arbor
8) Actual runout in the cutter
9) cutter RPM
10) actual feed being used
11) number of passes and depth of cut each pass.
12) Method of inspection
13) Quality of the Master Gear.
14) Accuracy of the pins used on master + Part.
15) Machine used for machining teeth.
Post a Followup