Re: new hobb angle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BillS on September 15, 2007 at 12:15:13:

In Reply to: Re: new hobb angle posted by Mike Prida on September 14, 2007 at 11:30:47:

Thank you! I really like to see this kind of question.

I was hoping to assist anyone trying to visualize how to set the table angle on a hobbing machine but it's just too many words. Those who have done it know how simple the process is, but if you're looking at a machine for the first time, I would expect it to be confusing.

I want to take this topic to the FAQ page with some graphics (photos or drawings) to show the mating of cutter to gear (no xxx please :^) and/or images of table setting, vernier scale, etc. If Ron V is listening, a video would be spectacular to illustrate someone setting the table!

I don't know about you, but my eyes glazed over a few times while wading through the words (yes, I actually edit stuff from time to time)!

Thanks to anyone who contributes graphics and/or words to a FAQ on table setting to be put on this site. You will be recognized in the FAQ article for your contribution (or not, if you prefer).

Please respond as you prefer - reply to this post, send email with image attachments, send urls to images, etc. Please include your email address so I can ask you questions if necessary.

Images should be in electronic format for use in the article (no FAXes, please).

Depending on response, not all images may be incorporated, but all contributors will be recognized by name in the FAQ, so please indicate if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]