Define My Spline

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hobman on August 22, 2007 at 07:06:49:

Hey, fellas. Been away from gears for too long... seems I've forgotten how things are done.

Customer came in with a piece that needs to be done... involute spline, 10 teeth, major diameter 18.0 mm, minor diameter 14.3 mm, tooth thickness @ bottom roughly 3.42 mm. Probably metric... Don't know PA, but 20 or 30 i suppose. If it is just hobbed to fit it could effectively be anything inbetween.

Anybody that can nail that down? Piece looks hobbed. Just sort of eyeballing it I'd guess that module 1.5 is a good place to start. But I noticed that a 20 DP 17T disc cutter with a ground down tooth makes a very close approximative fit. (this is a one-off piece. Whatever works, works)

If I can't do it I might as well send the customer somewhere else with the specs anyway. I don't remember... tooth height minus the addendum...PCD is same.. depth of cut????

Thanks in advance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]