Re: G & E 36 Gear hob machine

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BillS on December 15, 2008 at 19:28:57:

In Reply to: Re: G & E 36 Gear hob machine posted by Drew on December 15, 2008 at 12:28:15:

Thanks for the data, Drew. That combo for a G&E is a new variation (to me), so if you don't mind I'd like to add it to the FAQ list. Just let me know if that's Ok with you.

Nothing wrong with old school - I used to do that until I wrote a quicky program so the secretary could do gear sets for helicals on non-differential hobbers. CPC-HOB grew out of that! Then, I discovered differential-equipped hobbers and things got even simpler - or did they?

Now, I'm looking at possibly automating tangential feed and hob shifting on differential hobbers as a new CPC-HOB feature. I'm trying to find a common approach that can be used for all hobbers (or most at least).

Didn't plan to get off subject. Just wanted to agree with you that your numbers may be just the combo that Ernest is looking for.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]