Posted by James on November 27, 2002 at 15:22:52:
In Reply to: ANSI B92.1-1970 two questions posted by luca on November 27, 2002 at 07:16:56:
Here are the differences between ANSI B92.1-1970 and ANSI B92.1-1996.
1. Table 107a was added to provide values for minimum effective clearance used for major diameter fit splines as referenced in table 106.
2. Table 105 was revised top show proper symbols for minimum effective space width and maximum effective tooth thickness.
3. Table 64 was revised to show machining tolerance to 5 decimal places.
4. Table 53 to 63 (45 degree splines) were revised to incorporate correct form clearance values for internal and external form diameters.
5. Changes of .001 were made to 38 internal minor diameter values scattered throughout the 30 and 37.5 degree PA dimensional tables to correct computer rounding.
The most important changes are items 4 and 5 since they would reflect different values in the tables.
Post a Followup