Re: Load distribution in planetary gears!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MiKa on June 04, 2002 at 19:16:30:

In Reply to: Load distribution in planetary gears! posted by Andreas Blümm on February 07, 2002 at 06:47:19:

Dear Mr.Blumm!
I have waited three months before answering your question to examine whether the company that advertised flexibie mounted spundels in 1967 is still recommending them and in buisness.
The world have gone another way. Mr.Wilkerson has pointed out one of the directions in his answer to your question (Apr 22 ).The Stoeckicht construction is one among dozens of similar but it is too bulk.
In my practice, I have developed the most reliable, compact and effective flexible means to distribute loads equaly either between planets or along their teeth. The more part of volume of carrier's body involved in the deformation the better is the result of equatation.
I have developed flexible carrier shape, which permits orbital deformation up to 0.3 mm and decrease the coefficient of unequality up to 1.06 in torque-full planetary multistage reducers with the tooth modul up to 16 mm.
A flexible mounted spindels construction can not carry that high level of loads simply because it has not enough loaded surface and it needs more axial space. To obtain more reliability, the pin and the disk of planet carrier must be made from one pice of metal.
For more information and dravings see my U.S.S.R. patents( author M.S.Kaufman ) # #
124 263 1959 year
200 381 1965 year.
The company that put forward flexible pin planet carrier in 1968 was " Compact Orbtal Gears Ltd. ".
The artics about it ( in the journal " Engineer" NT-19 10 May 1968 ) are "You may not be interested in gear boxes for 3 000 HP " and "Flexing pins equalize load in British planetary gears" by N.P.Chironis in "Product Engineering" .

With the best wishes, MiKa.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]