Re: operators manaul

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by B Simpson on July 24, 1999 at 21:34:22:

In Reply to: operators manaul posted by Pete Gauchat on July 23, 1999 at 06:49:02:

Pete,
I don't have a manual, but there are at least (3) shops using our CPC-HOB gear hob program to set up Newarks. Two shops use No. 3 Newark hobbers. I don't know what type the other shop uses but its 16:1 index and dial feed with differential.

Depending on you level of experience, you may benefit from visiting the FAQ page on this site.

You're probably interested in knowing what you need to know to set up and cut gears. First, you need to know the machine's index constant and differential constant (if the machine has a differential).

If it uses dial feed instead of change gears to control table feed, then index and differential constants are all you need.

You should find out if possible what type the machines are, and if they have a differential, dial feed, etc. Also, sample setups that have been used that you might have received with the machines are very helpful. If you have more information, just repost it here or Email it to me.

If no one responds with a manual, I would be glad to help you find out more about your machine's constants. The best way (if no manual turns up) is to send me helical gear setups that have been run on each machine. If you have more than one setup, this will help me to more accurately determine the constants. Sample *Helical* setups are necessary for me to calc. the differential constant.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]