How can I help?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill S. on February 07, 2002 at 21:42:57:

It came to my attention that one of the posters in the forum requested help and manuals. A responder offered both, and was willing to expedite the manuals by shipping without prepayment. The responder has yet to be paid.

To help others avoid being ripped off by unscrupulous people, the responder suggested that we put up a bulletin board for posting such instances along with names of both perpetrators and victims. At first, this idea appears to have great merit.

After consideration however, I have to conclude that such a forum could potentially do more harm than good. I can't see a way to assure fair and just treatment in what would surely be contested issues between parties.

Still, for every one that has tried to help and assist someone in need, only to be treated dishonestly in return, I want to offer some solace. You did no wrong in helping. You are the better person.

I welcome your thoughts...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]